Sunday, January 13, 2008

Oh, I am so embarassed!

I started my first year of Hogwarts without getting a wand! Honestly. How I ever managed to get into Ravenclaw is beyond me sometimes! Oh well, a trip to Ollivanders fixed that!


Wood type: maple
Length: 14 inches
Core: Gryffon Feather

get your own wand!



Maple is a favorite wood for magical wands and has an excellent longevity. Maple wood often symbolizes attraction, luring, drawing in, or bringing things together. It has very positive energy. This wand tends to choose those who have a love an appreciation for beautiful things. It is an excellent wand for love spells and also for Divination.

The gryffon originated in Greece, having the head and front legs of an eagle, but the hind quarters of a lion. Gryffon feathers are used in wands of wizards or witches who posses great strength whether physically, magically or emotionally. These wands are especially good for both offensive and defensive magic.


Especially good for both? Strange.

Well, cynicism aside. We've gotten our matches for the sock kit swap! I'm so excited. I've been claimed by a second year Slytherin, Cassandra Black. She's hinted in her blog about her own pattern! Goodness, that is neat! I've also let my downstream know--Toni Weasley, from Hufflepuff.

I've just recently started designing bags myself, but there are so many bag patterns already! I just don't know what to do! I've also been diving into my bead stash to see what I have and what I need . . . this is just too much fun!

No comments: